We are looking for an experienced, exceptionally innovative, resourceful, entrepreneurial and hands on Animation Director who can provide creative leadership for our children’s content (designed for Indian origin children between 2-6 years) and oversee all its visual, design and narrative decisions.
As an Animation Director you will be involved from the very beginning of the content creation process including the scriptwriting and storyboarding phase to the illustration, animation, voice overs, holding ownership over how every story and song develops.
– Ownership of the entire Content process – work closely with script writers, illustrators, animators, musicians, voice over artists to ensure a strong, unique, seamless visual aesthetic for Kutuki’s content.
– Provide creative and technical direction and leadership – set up and manage people, processes and systems to improve the efficiency and quality of Kutuki’s content and lead the creative team to produce entire pieces of content from start to finish
– Play a hands on role in the evolution of our content universe and playbook to build recall and reach as we rapidly grow our audience.
– Help develop new characters and a supporting cast for the Kutuki content universe.
– Work closely with Founders to rapidly iterate and experiment with new ideas.
– Take ownership of the visual aesthetic of the content universe while meeting the learning needs of Kutuki’s children in the most joyous way possible.
– Lead and expand the current content team. Identify new talent, hire, mentor, manage, retain and set the culture of the team.
– Manage expectations, plan and execute with ambitious but realistic timelines and budgets, without losing sight of business outcomes.
– At least 7+ Yrs in the Animation industry
– Must have a Bachelors/Masters in Visual Arts/Design with extensive experience in 2D Animation and strong understanding of Animation Principles
– Must have extensive hands on experience with animation tools within the Adobe Suite, Toon Boom or similar.
– Must have experience leading a team of animators and/or creative professionals
– Must have a process oriented mindset and the knowledge to build a process suited for building efficiency and creative productivity within the creative team
– Must the have the ability to balance creative requirements with business needs
– Must be knowledgeable and passionate about children’s content and animation
– Interest or experience with creative writing, music and theatre would be a bonus
– Currently remote but must be willing to move to Bengaluru
- Interview with Founders for Culture Fit and Expectation Matching
- Technical Assessment (2-3 rounds)
- Final Interview
If you think you are the right person for this job, please share the following things with us at email@example.com
2) Behance/portfolio/show reel and any other relevant materials
3) A short video for why you’d like to work with Kutuki (You can be as creative as you’d like 🙂 )